Competition Site: Game On Sports Complex 2600 Alemeda St. Fort Worth, TX 76108
- ONLINE ONLY REGISTRATION
- THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS 11:59PM, THURSDAY, 5/17/2018
- REFUNDS FOR ANYONE PRE-REGISTERED WHO CANNOT ATTEND
- UNCONTESTED MAY CHOOSE 1ST PLACE MEDAL OR REFUND
- SELF WEIGH-IN (KILOGRAMS)WITH VERIFICATION SATURDAY MORNING
(ONE KILOGRAM ALLOWANCE GIVEN AT VERIFICATION)
- ROUND ROBIN FOR DIVISIONS OF 5 OR LESS
- DOUBLE ELIMINATION FOR 6 OR MORE
- AT LEAST 3 MATCHES FOR MOST JUNIORS
- JUNIOR NOVICE DIVISIONS (up to one year experience, yellow belt
- NO HANSOKUMAKE FOR LEG GRABS - SHIDO ONLY
- REDUCED ENTRY FEE FOR MULTIPLE DIVISIONS/FAMILY MEMBERS
- NE-WAZA TOURNAMENT AFTER CONVENTIONAL MATCHES
Eligibility: USA JUDO, USJF, ATJA or USJA membership. USA JUDO applications available on site.
Entry Fees & Registration by 5/17/2018:
- $40 1st Entry
- $25 2nd or 3rd division
- $25 additional family members (1st division only)
ALL WEIGHTS ARE IN KILOGRAMS
Juniors and Junior Novice: Bantam 1 (Born 2012), Bantam 2 (Born 2011), Bantam 3 (Born 2010)
Intermediate 1 (Born 2008-2009), Intermediate 2 (Born 2006-2007)
Juvenile A (Born 2004-2005), Juvenile B (Cadet) (Born 2001-2003)
Juniors: Weight cutoffs for all Junior divisions will be determined after the close of online registration. The tournament director reserves the right to modify any division to ensure adequate competition and safety of all of the contestants
Senior Women Novice: (below brown belt) 48, 52, 57, 63, 70, 78, over 78 kg
Senior Men Novice: (below brown belt) 60, 66, 73, 81, 90, 100, over 100 kg
Senior Women: 44, 48, 52, 57, 63, 70, 78, over 78 kg
Senior Men: 55, 60, 66, 73, 81, 90, 100, over 100 kg
Men's Masters: 30-39, 40-49, 50+. Light, middle and heavyweight in each age group.
Women's Masters: 30-39, 40-49, 50+. Light, middle and heavyweight in each age group.
Awards: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals for each division. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team awards based on 5 points for first, 3 points for second, and 1 point for third place in all divisions combined. No points awarded for uncontested divisions.
TAI OTOSHI CLINIC after tournament 2-4pm at Game On Sports
After this 2 hour clinic, you'll come away with a clear understanding of an effective tai otoshi setup, entry, and execution. No clinic attendee will leave the mat until Nninck is satisfied that he/she has perfected tehir "fit in" for tai otoshi. Once the entry is perfected it can be practiced repetitively until it becomes a natural movement and an effective technique.
Space is limited to 30. Cost is $20 for Nagase Cup participants and $40 for all others.