Competition Site: Beckley-Saner Recreation Center 114 W. Hobson Road, Dallas, Texas 75224
- Both Shiai (conventional judo) and Ne Waza (grappling only)
- ONLINE ONLY REGISTRATION HERE
- THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS 11:59PM, WEDNESDAY, 9/19, 2018
- REFUNDS FOR ANYONE PRE-REGISTERED WHO CANNOT ATTEND
- UNCONTESTED MAY CHOOSE 1ST PLACE MEDAL OR REFUND
- SELF WEIGH-IN (KILOGRAMS)WITH VERIFICATION SATURDAY MORNING
(ONE KILOGRAM ALLOWANCE GIVEN AT VERIFICATION)
- ROUND ROBIN FOR DIVISIONS OF 5 OR LESS
- DOUBLE ELIMINATION FOR 6 OR MORE
- AT LEAST 3 MATCHES FOR MOST JUNIORS
- JUNIOR NOVICE DIVISIONS (up to one year experience)
- NO HANSOKUMAKE FOR LEG GRABS - SHIDO ONLY
- REDUCED ENTRY FEE FOR MULTIPLE DIVISIONS/FAMILY MEMBERS
- NE-WAZA TOURNAMENT AFTER CONVENTIONAL MATCHES
Eligibility: USA JUDO, USJF, or USJA membership. USA JUDO applications available on site.
Entry Fees & Registration by 9/19/2018:
- $35 1st Entry
- $20 2nd or 3rd division
- $20 additional family members (1st division only)
2nd or 3rd entries for family members (same household) are $20. Entry fee for a 2nd or 3rd division is $20. Use the promo code "family" to receive the discount. Contestants who wish to compete in two divisions must select those divisions on the online form and the discount will be automatically applied.
* all competitors may participate in the Ne Waza tournament as a second or third division
** Junior competitors may fight up one age group as a second division
ALL WEIGHTS ARE IN KILOGRAMS
*Juniors and Junior Novice: Bantam 1 (Born 2012), Bantam 2 (Born 2011), Bantam 3 (Born 2010)
Intermediate 1 (Born 2008-2009), Intermediate 2 (Born 2006-2007)
Juvenile A (Born 2004-2005), Juvenile B (Cadet) (Born 2001-2003)
*JUNIOR NOVICE FOR COMPETITORS WITH ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE OR LESS (NO BJJ OR WRESTLING EXPERIENCE)
Juniors: Weight cutoffs for all Junior divisions will be determined after the close of online registration. The tournament director reserves the right to modify any division to ensure adequate competition and safety of all of the contestants
Senior Women Novice: (below brown belt) 48, 52, 57, 63, 70, 78, over 78 kg
Senior Men Novice: (below brown belt) 60, 66, 73, 81, 90, 100, over 100 kg
Senior Women: 44, 48, 52, 57, 63, 70, 78, over 78 kg
Senior Men: 55, 60, 66, 73, 81, 90, 100, over 100 kg
Men's Masters: 30-39, 40-49, 50+. Light, middle and heavyweight in each age group.
Women's Masters: 30-39, 40-49, 50+. Light, middle and heavyweight in each age group.
Awards: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals for each division. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team awards based on 5 points for first, 3 points for second, and 1 point for third place in all divisions combined. No points awarded for uncontested divisions.
NOTE: ALL COMPETITORS MUST CHECK IN AND VERIFY WEIGHT ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22nd
WEIGHT VERIFICATION WILL BE CONDUCTED IN A PUBLIC AREA? CONTESTANTS MUST BE CLOTHED
(ONE KILGRAM ALLOWANCE GIVEN AT VERIFICATION)
JUNIORS AND SENIORS: SATURDAY, 9:00AM to 9:30AM AT THE VENUE
SENIORS ONLY MAY ALSO VERIFY: SATURDAY, 11:00AM TO 11:30AM AT THE VENUE
Rules: IJF for Senior Elite Competitors (BLUE and WHITE Judogis NOT REQUIRED). For all divisions, seniors, juniors, novice, and masters IJF rules will be modified as follows:
NO HANSOKUMAKE FOR LEG GRABS. LEG GRABS WILL BE PENALIZED BY SHIDO
All Divisions- Round Robin for divisions of 5 or less, double elimination for 6 or more.
Senior Elite Divisions 4 minutes, all others 3 minutes
Ne waza tournament 3 minute matches