Competition Site: Ken Bahnsen Gym (UNT), 1908 Highland Street (at Avenue "D"), Denton TX
- Both Shiai (conventional judo) and Ne Waza (grappling only)
- ONLINE ONLY REGISTRATION AT: www.judocomp.com
- THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS 11:59PM, THURSDAY, AUGUST 8TH, 2019.
- REFUNDS FOR ANYONE PRE-REGISTERED WHO CANNOT ATTEND
- UNCONTESTED MAY CHOOSE 1ST PLACE TROPHY OR REFUND
(ALL STAR POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR UNCONTESTED PARTICIPANTS)
- SELF WEIGH-IN (KILOGRAMS)WITH VERIFICATION SATURDAY MORNING
(ONE KILOGRAM ALLOWANCE GIVEN AT VERIFICATION)
- ROUND ROBIN FOR DIVISIONS OF 5 OR LESS
- MODIFIED DOUBLE ELIMINATION FOR 6 OR MORE
- AT LEAST 3 MATCHES FOR MOST JUNIORS
- JUNIOR NOVICE DIVISIONS white and yellow belt NO BJJ OR WRESTLING EXPERIENCE
- NO HANSOKUMAKE FOR LEG GRABS - SHIDOS ONLY
- REDUCED ENTRY FEE FOR MULTIPLE DIVISIONS/FAMILY MEMBERS
- NE-WAZA TOURNAMENT AFTER CONVENTIONAL MATCHES
Eligibility: USA JUDO, USJF, or USJA membership. USA JUDO applications available on site.
Entry Fees & Registration by 8/8/2019:
- $45 1st Entry
- $20 2nd or 3rd division or 2nd kata entry
- $20 additional family members (1st division only)
ALL WEIGHTS ARE IN KILOGRAMS
Juniors and Junior Novice: Bantam 1 (Born 2013), Bantam 2 (Born 2012), Bantam 3 (Born 2011)
Intermediate 1 (Born 2009-2010), Intermediate 2 (Born 2007-2008)
Juvenile A (Born 2005-2006), Juvenile B (Cadet) (Born 2002-2004)
Juniors: Weight cutoffs for all Junior divisions will be determined after weigh-ins. The tournament
director reserves the right to modify any division to ensure adequate competition and
safety of all of the contestants.
Senior Women Novice: (below brown belt) 48, 52, 57, 63, 70, 78, over 78 kg
Senior Men Novice: (below brown belt) 60, 66, 73, 81, 90, 100, over 100 kg
Senior Women Elite: 44, 48, 52, 57, 63, 70, 78, over 78 kg
Senior Men Elite: 55, 60, 66, 73, 81, 90, 100, over 100 kg
Men's Masters: Age and weight cutoffs determined after registration closes.
Men's Masters Novice: Age and weight cutoffs determined after registration closes.
Women's Masters: Age and weight cutoffs determined after registration closes.
Awards:1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies for each division. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
team awards based on 3 points for first, 2 points for second, and 1 point for third
place in all divisions combined. No points awarded for uncontested divisions.
All Kata and Masters Shiai will begin at 8:00 AM
Remaining divisions will begin at 9:30AM and be contested in this order:
Junior Novice (all ages), Junior Bantams and Junior Intermediate 1
Intermediate 2, Juvenile A and B
Senior Novice, Masters Novice, Masters, & Senior Elite
Multiply your match number by 3 (minutes) to estimate your match time. Arrive at your
assigned mat at least 30 minutes prior to the estimated time. Competitors will be responsible
for being at their assigned mat and ready to compete when their match number
Kata competition as required by TJI All Star rules: Nage No and Katame No, for both Senior and Junior players. (Additional Kata may be added)